MAX4598 Low-Voltage, Combination Single-Ended 8-to-1 Differential 4-to-1 Multiplexer
The MAX4598 low-voltage, CMOS analog IC is a configurable single-ended 8-to-1/differential 4-to-1 multiplexer. In addition to the input channels, both V+ and GND can be switched to the output channels, enabling the supply voltages to be monitored. The MAX4598 operates from a single +2.7V to +12V supply or from dual ±6V supplies. The device has low on-resistance (75Ω max) and TTL-compatible logic inputs from either ±5V or a single +5V supply. Each switch can handle rail-to-rail analog signals. The MAX4598 has two modes of operation: as a standard multiplexer and as a "latchable" multiplexer where the address lines are strobed. The off-leakage current is only 0.1nA at TA = +25°C and 2nA at TA = +85°C. ESD protection is > 2kV per Method 3015.7.
The MAX4598 is available in small 20-pin SSOP, SO, and DIP packages.
- ADC Systems
- Audio-Signal Routing
- Battery-Powered Applications
- Test Equipment
Features and Benefits
- V+ and GND Can Be Switched to the Output Channels
- 75Ω (max) On-Resistance
- Single-Ended or Differential Operation
- 2pC (typ) Charge Injection
- Latched or Unlatched Operation
- TTL-Compatible Logic Inputs at ±5V Supply
- Handles Rail-to-Rail Analog Signals